[mythtv-users] What NOT to do to your Myth box...

Ian Trider iantri at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 08:53:58 EST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:47:43 -0800, Brad Templeton
<brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:

> Pretty much, though it gets more complex internationally.  Canadian fair
> dealing rights are not as strong as U.S. fair use rights, too.
>
> However, in Canada there is also a special cable law that has allowed
> people to distribute programs over the internet to other Canadians by
> calling themselves a cable company.  Caused a bit of controversy.

Sorry for contributiung to the offtopicness of this thread, but I have
to point out something:  Canadian fair dealing rights ARE stronger --
private copying is explicitly allowed, and the courts have said to
CRIA (Canadian Recording Industriy Association) "piss off!" when they
wanted the identities of "suspected file sharers".  And we have no
DMCA.

As to point #2, I've never heard any such thing and Google knows nothing of it.
--
Ian Trider
iantri at gmail.com