[mythtv-users] What NOT to do to your Myth box...

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:19:04 EST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:02:49 -0800, Brad Templeton
<brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 11:34:22AM -0500, Paul Kidwell wrote:

<snip>

> And of course, most of those shows can be found via bittorrent, not
> that I would advise you to violate any copyrights.  Not at the same
> size you recorded them, though.

ooooo!  i had to reply to this.  or ask this question. :)
is it really violating copyright by downloading bittorrented tv shows
that you could record using your VCR/PRV/DVR?  (assuming you're paying
for your cable or whatever service you're using...)
if i'm already paying for the content and happen to mis-program my
'VCR' and don't get the show, then why can't i grab it via bittorrent?
i'm not saying it's right or wrong, or that the MPAA won't knock on
your door.  just asking if that would be a valid arguement.

andy  "the guy that gets most of his tv via bit torrent (until his
MythBox is up and running)..."