[mythtv-users] remote control for frontend only

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Jan 14 15:16:44 EST 2005

Johan Arens wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm on the point to build my frontends, and I'm looking a low cost
>solution for the remote control .
>What do you guys using for your frontends ?
>
>I've found the ATI remote wonder, but it's quite expensive or the ones
>from logitechs.
>
>What's yr choice ?

Streamzap.  http://www.streamzap.com
If you have a universal remote like for your TV, you can use that with
just the IR receiver and not even use the streamzap remote.  This is
what I do and I just programed my remote to be a Tivo (which I don't
have) and used the Tivo LIRC file to control the frontend.  If you talk
to Streamzap sales via email they'll give you the part # to just order
the IR receiver if that's what you need.

Kevin