[mythtv-users] Re: Erratic seeking

Andy Marriott myth at fnarg.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 14:49:55 EST 2005

Well, it looks like the problem has resurfaced. Although upon closer
inspection it might only be affecting BBC channels. I rebuilt Myth from
CVS on Tuesday night and I watched a film I recorded on Wednesday night,
this exibited the seeking problem, however a program recorded the same
night on ITV performed correctly. I've just checked again with two other
programs, one on ITV2 and one on BBC 4 and they both behave in the same
way. The ITV show seeks correctly and BBC one doesn't. I know there is
some issue with the BBC not closing their GOP sequences correctly
resulting in really long GOPs. Is there any extra debugging I can turn
on to see wether it's upsetting Myth in any way?

If the BBC are actually fault I'd like to know, as I can hassle some
people at work to get it fixed if possible. I'm sure if ITV can do it
correctly then so can the BBC. :-)

Cheers,

Andy Marriott