[mythtv-users] RE: Mac OS X installation guide

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Fri Jan 14 11:08:54 EST 2005

On 14 Jan 2005, at 10:50 AM, Michael J. Sherman wrote:

>> http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MythOnMacOsx
>
> One note; the mysql package is now 4.1.9, and the 4.1.7 release you
> reference in the doc is no longer available at that URL.  4.1.8 has a
> bug in its configure.in, so just use the 4.1.9.

Well, that's why the guide is on the Wiki, so anyone can update the doc
when it goes out of date. If you find something like that in the
future, please go ahead and edit the page.

> Anyone else excited about the possibility of a mini Mac myth frontend?

I think the 59 messages in the existing Mac Mini thread indicate that
others are excited. ;) I might get one myself.

> Perhaps a USB-based IR dongle....  Anyone have ideas on that?

The Mini thread mentioned the Keyspan Express remote, which looked too
minimal for me. I have mixed feelings about the ATI Remote Wonder II,
which is what I purchased. I couldn't find an inexpensive generic IR
receiver for the Mac; if you find one, let us know.

- Jeremiah