[mythtv-users] Lossless MPEG2 cutting, revisited

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 09:54:24 EST 2005

I, too, have been thinking about this lately. I looked at the GOPchop
code, trying to find out how to just cut specified frames out of a
recording. I believe GOPchop uses libmpeg2, so I looked into that,
just to find that libmpeg2 has no documentation.

I've got my Recording-To-Dvd process down to 2 steps now, thanks to
nuvexport and the mpeg2cut script, but I don't like how avidemux2 is a
GUI and requires X.

Basically, what I want is a program that works just like the mpeg2cut
script (e.g. mpeg2cut infile outfile range_of_frames_to_keep) that is
command line only.

Heck, if we could get that working, a "MythArchive" module would be
very feasible (to me anyways.)

Just my .02 cents....

Josh