[mythtv-users] Not using both tuners to full effect?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Jan 14 07:38:51 EST 2005

> Thanks for pointing out that thread. I'd started to read it but it
> wasn't really relevant at the start so I didn't get all the way to the
> end.
>
> Seems crazy that I have a second tuner sitting completely unused while
> the box chops off the end of a program so it can use only one tuner.
> Also seems crazy that I have a global setting (most convenient - means
> I don't have to faff around with early/late settings for each
> recording) and then that option is chucked away when it needn't be.
>
> Sigh.
>
> So, my options are:
> 1) Set overrun-underrun settings for *each* recording manually and
> forget all about the global ones.
> 2) Wait for a patch - unlikely to get into CVS I would guess.
> 3) Learn C++ and write my own patch.
>
> Oh well.

I've wondered about the exact same issue. Just seems to make sense that
it would use the other tuner since it's sitting idle. Anyway, I've gone
through my recordings and manually set the start early/end late fields.
I do all my scheduling from the web interface.

A possible workaround that would work for me would be to simply have
mythweb automatically default those two fields to specific values.

For example:
Start Early (minutes):   	2
End Late (minutes):		1

I looked at program_detail.php but it wasn't obvious on how this could
be done. Anyone know off the top of their head a simple way to do this?

Thanks,
James