[mythtv-users] Modeline for DVI Output

Paul Miller paul at pinheiro.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 13 22:21:37 EST 2005

I'm am very interested in any results you may have.  I have a Radeon
9700 AIW and I've been considering purchasing a DVI->HDMI cable to
connect it to my 27" Sony WEGA HDTV.  Have you tried ATI's binary
driver?  It works fine with kernel 2.6.9 and XFree 4.3 and X.Org
6.7.0.  There's also a shareware program for Windows to help find the
modelines.  It called Power-something(?).

Best Buy's only cable is something like $120 and they only have a 15'
long cable.  I don't want to spend that much.  It's a differential
digital signal, so I'm sure any respectable quality cable will be
sufficient, especially for 4-6'.

-Paul