[mythtv-users] What NOT to do to your Myth box...

tommy myth-user at tommywatson.com
Thu Jan 13 20:36:43 EST 2005

Jeff Simpson wrote:

>>the last link on every line is DELETE!!! Yes my friends, the script went
>>through and deleted my ENTIRE BOX!!!
>>

>Shouldn't the first link on every line have been a link to the actual
>NUV file? That being the case, shouldn't it have downloaded all of
>your recordings just before deleting them?

Yep, you'd think, but it definatley didn't do this, it wiped my box clean...
As for all the "help" thats has come in the form of replys, thanks, but
none of the suggestions really help, what I'm trying to do is
_replicate_ the page that is generated when I click recorded programs
_without_ opening up the box to the world (copying the mythweb stuff and
opening a hole to mysql), without requiring a password (reverse
proxy/ssh -l...), basically I want to show the recorded programs page to
anyone who clicks on the link a copy of the recorded programs page
without requiring a password and without letting them access the actual
box. I thought a wget of the page would be a cheap/easy/quick way to do
this, boy was I ever wrong...

As Ivor said, "Hey it's only TV" ;-)