[mythtv-users] Happy...but picture is grainy

John Johnson johnatl at mac.com
Thu Jan 13 20:26:56 EST 2005

Try increasing the Bit Rate and Max. Bit Rate. Those will contribute to
graininess (aka. artifacts). Therein lies one of the trade-offs.
Graininess v. file size/processor load. Now that I think about it, the
graininess you describe could be considered lack of grain. Consider a
sand painting (very little compression), to a painting made with
croutons (lots of compression).

Regards,
   JJ