[mythtv-users] Which Distribution?

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 17:32:14 EST 2005

Bruce wrote:

> > SuSE 9.2 has been pretty easy to get working with my.
> MySQL, php, all
> > of the prereqs are installable using Yast.
>
> Wasn't there some kind of QT lib problem with SuSE?  Is that
> fixed with 9.2? SuSE is my distro of choice and I'm thinking
> about upgrading.  TIA!

FWIW I set up SuSE 9.1 (about a week ago) with a PVR-350[0] and
mythtv (CVS-20041224), took me about 10 hours total[1] to get up
and running.

Only problem was it took some while to download everything and
would have been *much* easier to have a apt source for mythtv.

If anyone is that interested email me direct for more details.

Druid

[0] X out on the pvr-350's tv out.
[1] Mostly download and compile time.