[mythtv-users] Tran-splode?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 13 15:42:45 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 11:08:14AM -0500, John Johnson wrote:
> After recording some shows (PVR-250), I thought I'd try transcoding
> them, since that saves space. At least that was my impression. After
> transcoding, Alias went from about 3.5GB to 20+GB, the same for a few
> other recordings. Now I would like very much to "undo" this (using
> nuvexport?), but more importantly, where did I go wrong?

We've had this problem in the past, too.  nuvinfo will likely tell you
that it's *uncompressing* the file.  Gavin and I weren't ever able to
figure out quite why it would do that; recent CVS builds seem not to
have the problem -- though I'm having trouble with editing now.

I'm not sure how you can fix it once it's borke.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me