[mythtv-users] Which Distribution?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 13:04:41 EST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:55:26 -0500, Roy Murphy <roy.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've ordered a DiGiMatrix for my MythBox and, while I wait for
> delivery, I'm beginning to think about installation.
>
> I tend to use Slackware. I have uptodate CDs at home. It's like Debian
> Stable in that it's still using thw 2.4 kernel though it's 2.6 ready.
>
> Any opinions about whether I should stick with what I know or make a
> jump to Gentoo or Knoppix or KnoppMyth?

i'm planning on using KnoppMyth.  i used it for my proof-of-concept
box and it installed without any problems.  aside from minor setup
issues (and my poor hardware) 'it worked out of the box'.
if i had a bit more Linux experience i would go with Gentoo; only
because i like the idea of building for the hardware you have and for
performance.
but right now i just want a box that works, so i'll stick with KnoppMyth. :)