[mythtv-users] What version of Xbox is best for myth?

John Kuhn kuhn at razorsys.com
Thu Jan 13 08:54:24 EST 2005

since the forums here http://bit.blkbk.com/phpBB2/index.php have been
exploited.. I'm asking here :-)

I'm going to get a xbox for myth uses only and wondering what version of
xbox should i try and get.  all the local stores around here carry what
i assume to be 1.6 or 1.6b xboxs, any way to tell by looking at the
box?  reading online i see that 1.6 and 1.6b xboxs are not ideal because
you can not software mod them.  The 1.6b have overscan issues as well.
So that leaves me with the question of, if I can get an older xbox what
version would i want? to obtain the best picture quality and reduced
noise levels.

thanks for any foresight

--John