[mythtv-users] Newbie needs help choosing hardware for use in the UK

Martin Bonner martin.bonner at argentas.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 05:05:46 EST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> The main difference between these two comes down to the remote. The
> nova-t has a very nice small remote which is almost perfect for mythtv
> (short of volume buttons unfortunately, though you can remap 2 other
> unused buttons). The receiver for the remote plugs straight into the tv
> card, so this remote will only work if the frontend has the nova-t card
> in it.

Interestingly, I've got both one of the older nova-t cards and the current
one, and the remove for the current model has a few more buttons than the
older one (volume up/down, channel up/down to name a few - these are no
longer shared with the arrow keys) which makes it pretty much perfect for
myth (or will once I get around to setting it up!)

Kind Regards,
Martin