[mythtv-users] No listings on remote MythFrontend

Tim Berger tim.berger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 02:43:49 EST 2005

I can confirm that your mail did go to the list, but probably nobody
has any idea
what might be going wrong here.  Or those who might know, missed your message.
This is a pretty high-bandwidh list.

I am new to mythtv, but I'll take a shot in the dark and guess that browse mode
somehow pulls the guide data from the backend slightly differently.
Make sure that
clocks on both boxes are sync'd and correct with ntpd or ntpdate.
It's the only thing
I can think of.

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:50:25 +0000, junk_inbox at comcast.net
<junk_inbox at comcast.net> wrote:
> Anybody know how to fix this or what I should look at?  Please?!?
>
> Jeff
>
> PS: Is there a reason that nobody's replying to any of my recent postings?  Am I doing something taboo/wrong/incorrectly to cause my messages to be ignored?  Is it because I sometimes use M$ Outluuk on my PC to send messages, or because of my seemingly fake email address (not fake, but real and fools all the spambots so far), or perhaps something else?    The reason I ask is that when I  first joined the group a few months ago (~November IIRC) I sent out an initial message to say "hi" and ask a few questions, I got several helpful & informative replies.  But I haven't gotten any replies for anything I've sent out since I started to build my MythTV Boxes...  It's almost like my messages don't even get to the group, but they show up in my Inbox and on Gossamer, so they're definitely getting there...  Very Strange...

> From: "Jeff Artz" <junk_inbox at comcast.net>
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:20:22 +0000
> Subject: [mythtv-users] No listings on remote MythFrontend
>

> Ok, I have two systems setup -- a backend running FC2 (that is also setup as a MythTV Frontend) named 'mythtv-backend' at IP address 192.168.1.20, and a frontend running KnoppMyth (installed to HD) named 'mythtv-lr' at address 192.168.1.21.  On the backend system, I can do everything perfectly.  On the frontend system, I can watch Live TV and recorded programs just fine and can also use the 'browse' feature while in Live TV to browse the programs on other channels.  But when I pull up the Program Guide (either via Live TV or via "Manage Recordings/Schedule Recordings/Guide", I don't have any listings on the screen.   (Strange, because the individual listings show in 'browse' mode, and they are using the same database, right?)
>
> I've checked the settings via 'mythtv-setup' (knoppMyth), and I've got it all setup properly as far as I can tell -- The frontend system's 'mythtv-setup' screen is configured as such:
> IP address for mythtv-lr:  192.168.1.21
> Port the server runs on: 6543
> Port the server shows status on: 6544
> Master Server IP address: 196.168.1.20
> Port the master server runs on: 6543
>
> I have given permission to 192.168.1.% in sql to the mythconverg database on my backend system (per Jarod's "Tips 'n' Tricks" http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/tips.php ) and have searched the gossamer threads, google and Altavista, but still haven't come up with any soulutions yet...
>

> I'm highly technical, but new to Linux with MythTV.  If you need more detailed info, please give me detailed instructions on how to get that data... I'm new to Linux, and the commands that are second nature to most of you are still very new to me...
>
> Thanks in advance for your help and input...
>
> Jeff
> MythTV Backend: mythtv-backend
> [...]

-Tim