[mythtv-users] Can Myth be all I want it to be?

Tyler Drake pcjabber at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 23:22:46 EST 2005

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:54:27 -0800, Brent Olson <av4me at bitrealm.com> wrote:
> Ok, after doing a fair bit of research, how does the following hardware look?  I
> already have the hdtvpc-3000.  I don't currently plan on doing cable recording,
> only looking for hdtv playback and record.  I currently use a DVD player with
> DVI output and a Samsung over-the-air HDTV receiver.  I am looking to have
> mythtv replace these two items with one.
>
> This must connect to my home theater setup.  The receiver has optical audio
> inputs, and the projector runs 1280x720p on DVI.  It must be able to connect
> and look good (especially dvd playback) on the 100" screen.  Is it software or
> hardware that will make the dvd progressive output?  How is a 3:2 pulldown for
> dvds configured?
>
> http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishR.asp?ID=1181048

First, that mobo is freakin' sweet! =) Good choice on memory, Corsair
is a good brand.

My only suggestion? Swap the Samsung 160GB HD for a Maxtor
(http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-137-132&depa=1
OEM  bare drive;
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-316&depa=1
Retail drive)

> Comments are welcome, of course.

Good luck in your MythTV quest. We're here to help =)
--Tyler