[mythtv-users] EPIA M10000+PVR-350+NO TvOut = slow?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 18:46:42 EST 2005

On an Epia, you should either use the PVR-350 TV-Out
or XvMC, or else you will be utilizing 85%+ of the
CPU, when decoding in software.

If you have Xv (XVideo) working fine with your Epia,
then software decoding shouldn't be stuttering that
badly.  I can only guess that you're using an X server
that doesn't support the Epia for accelerated video.
Note that to use XvMC with the Epia you need a patched
X server with Unichrome support, as well as a copy of
MythTV from CVS.

-- Joe