[mythtv-users] Direct encoding for dvd PVR-350

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:05:59 EST 2005

I might be confused (or wrong) on this, so bear with me for a bit:

My Assumptions:
1). The PVR-350 encodes and saves incoming audio/video in MPEG2 720x480
2). DVD Video is encoded at MPEG2 720x480
3). Framerates are probably the same

What I'd like to get to the bottom of is why nuvexport to "dvd" takes
~8 hours for a 30 minute show on a 1.4ghz athlon.

Specifically, I'd like to find out if there is a setting I can change
in mythtv to make it record directly into a dvd compatible format.
Barring that, if there is a way to make it automatically transcode
into the correct format?

Can anybody point me in the right direction on this? I've read a good
number of scripts for making dvds and transcoding, and I'd like to try
to get it to save in the right format the first time if possible.
Thanks!

 - Jeff