[mythtv-users] Getting VCR Recordings Into MythTV/MythVideo

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Jan 12 07:15:59 EST 2005

> In other words, mythtv might be overkill, considering you are not
> getting all the stuff it does well -- coordination of listings etc.

 	Yes, but if you're using the same machine for MythTV currently,
how will you guarantee that you won't have a tuner conflict?  The point of
using mythtv to record is that you can set up whatever profile you want
easily (pick resolution, bitrate, etc), and have Mythtv scheduler know
about it.  If you've got more than one tuner, it can still record
something else, rather than get confused when an input that should work is
busy.

 	I think that "schedule-less" video sources would be a
not-that-unusual thing to want to have.

-Cory