[mythtv-users] FW: New Source Forge Project MythStreamTV

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 20:10:41 EST 2005

Does it do on the fly encoding to other formats?  Or does it transcode
the NUV file and stream that?

I guess my question it, do the orignal NUV files remain as they are so
I can watch them in Myth?

Dave - Looking forward to getting home tonight and trying this baby out!

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:07:05 -0600 (CST), Bob Cottingham
<bob at bobnvic.com> wrote:
> Joshua Ebel said:
> > I've released a new project on Source Forge called MythStreamTV.
> > MythStreamTV is currently available in Alpha at
> > http://mythstreamtv.sourceforge.net/ for download.
> >
> > MythStreamTV is a MythTV addon that allows live transcoding of
> > nupplevideo to Windows Media Player/Mplayer and allows control via
> > MythWeb.
> >
> > Current featureset of MythStreamTV includes:
> > -Codec Selection of DIV3 and WMV2
> > -Video Bitrate Selection
> > -Playlist Creation
> > -Streaming of LiveTV and Recorded programming
>
> I was considering attempting to stream my mythvtv mpeg2 files and
> mythvideo mpeg4 files to my Sanyo MM7400 PCS phone using mpeg4ip to
> reencode to .3gp and using an RTSP server like Darwin Streaming Server to
> stream the files.  I wasn't too sure about reencoding the mythtv mpeg4 nuv
> files.  You wouldn't happen to be using mpeg4ip or RTSP would you?  Your
> website is rather sparse on details.
>
> Sounds like a very interesting project!
>
> Thanks!
> Bob