"Value-minded" system configuration (was Re: [mythtv-users] Lookingfor your experience)

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Tue Jan 11 15:40:30 EST 2005

On 7 Sep 2004 at 16:05, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> >It seems to be giving me good picture quality so far.
> Good to know.  I haven't ever seen one, so I didn't want to recommend
> it, but it's definitely another choice for the value-minded shopper.  It would

I have 3 of the cards, 2 in my mythtv box along with a PVR-250, some days the
picture quality on the M179's are close to the PVR-250 and other days, it
just sucks.  Having 3 tuners in my box, I've never really bothered trying to
figure out what the problem is. I do know from experience though that the
M179 deals with a dirty signal much less effectively than the PVR-250.

> the option of getting one PVR-250 and one M179 and using the PVR-250 as the
> primary card for a total dual-tuner system cost of $527 ($75 less than a
> dual-PVR-250 system).

Another option is to get a 250 to start and then wait until the 150 driver
issues have been resolved. Following the ivtv list, it looks pretty close.  I
am selling my extra M179 and will be replacing the other 2 M179's with 150's
soon.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting