[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth CD won't boot

Ryan A. Carris racarris at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 14:42:23 EST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:08:05 -0700, Marty Mastera <marty at mastera.us> wrote:
> I downloaded the latest KnoppMyth ISO, checked the MD5SUM, burned it to
> disc.
(snip)
> Should I be able to see this CD in Windows via explorer as
> with other linux distro boot cds?  I ask b/c I can't...With the disc in the
> drive on the Windows machine, Windows thinks the drive it empty...

Windows should be able to see it, and read the filesystem.  If you
can't see the disk and click on the various folders in Windows,
something is wrong with the burn.

Nero is good software and should be able to burn the image.  As you
said, try slower speeds, this may help.  I have a 16x Yamaha that I
can not get to work at more than 12x, ever.  Check the log it
generates for errors.  Also, use the test and burn setting rather than
the burn only setting, to see if it generates errors.