[mythtv-users] MythTV/CX88 Problems (yuyv)

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Jan 11 12:17:25 EST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, El Draper wrote:

   [...]

> Mike:
> Sorry, I should have said I am using version 0.16 of MythTV, but in RPM
> format from atrpms.net. I have tried setting the size to 352x240 (as you
> may have seen from the log output previously it was set to 480x480)
> however this hasn't solved the problem:
>
> 2005-01-11 15:50:19 TuneToFrequency(11636)
> 2005-01-11 15:50:19 Changing from None to RecordingOnly
> 2005-01-11 15:50:19 Using profile 'Default' to record
> 2005-01-11 15:50:19 Commercial Detection initialized: width = 352,
> height = 240, fps = 25, method = 1
> NVR: v4l2: format set, getting yuyv from v4l, converting
>
> [1]+  Segmentation fault      mythbackend -v all
>
> Just so I'm sure, I changed the width and height in the "codecparams"
> table of the mythtv database, for the profiles that I'm using (in this
> case, "Default"). Are there any other width/height capture sizes that
> have any effect here, that maybe are still set to something bigger and
> are causing a problem?

   [...]

El:

The only things I can think of are:  (1) If you just tested this change
with LiveTV (but I note from your original message that you tested
recording) then you also need to change the LiveTV profile's encoding size
to 352x240.  (2) I encountered this problem with a CVS snapshot (from
9-Jan-2005), so we're not running the same codebase.  Perhaps there is
another problem in 0.16 since solved...

I plan tonight on chasing my problem further; when/if I figure it out the
rest of the way perhaps that might shed more light on this.

  -Mike