[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 250 Remote Control Doesn't Work With AutoStartUp of Myth

Kyle Duncan kyle.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:52:19 EST 2005

I've configured Myth based on Jarod Wilson's guide using FC2.  I can't
seem to get the remote control to work automatically when I configure
automatic startup.  The auto startup works find and I can navigate and
use myth using the keyboard, but if I want to use the remote I have to
shut down the Myth Front end, open up a terminal and log in as root
and:

# /sbin/depmod -a
# /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
# /sbin/service lircd start

After I do that and restart the frontend the remote works fine.
According to Jarod's guide all I need to do to start lircd at startup
is

/sbin/chkconfig lircd on.

Is there anything else I need to do.  Is there a way to check that the
above command is working?

Thx.