[mythtv-users] slightly OT: creating a video on demand library

Matt Garman garman at raw-sewage.net
Sun Jan 9 21:18:19 EST 2005

I'm not so much interesting in using MythTV for watching/recording
TV as I am for using it as a music and video jukebox.

I've pretty much got the music setup: I ripped all my CDs to MP3,
set the ID3 tags, created playlists and installed MythMusic.

Now I'm wondering how to do the same thing with my DVD collection.
I'd like to copy the DVDs to my hard drive, strip out all the extra
features (director commentary, foreign language, subtitles, etc) and
then store them with some kind of index (akin to an MP3 playlist
combined with ID3 info).

I've used the 'dvdbackup' program to copy a couple DVDs to my hard
drive.  Now I'm looking at a collection of BUP, IFO and VOB files
that I really don't know what to do with.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you,
Matt

--