[mythtv-users] ALSA and intel8x0

Drew Zerdecki dzerdecki at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 19:45:58 EST 2005

Hello,

This may be the hardest thing I do in my entire life.  I am "following"
the FC3 guide and am currently trying to setup digital sound on my DFI
875P-T motherboard.  The lspci output refers its audio controller as
Intel 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R).  I looked at the digital audio wiki but
that is geared towards nforce.  People have based theirs on this, but I
am unsure what changes need to be made.  Other than a bad .asoundrc, two
things that through my reading may seem problematic are that:
    1.) a CVS version of ALSA needs to be installed not an RPM (I did RPM)
    3.)  my /proc/asound.cards says my Intel ICH5 is at irq 201.

In general, what files am I examining here to fix it?  .asoundrc ,
modprobe.conf... ?  Also, when I plug in headphones, I can hear the
KDE_Startup.wav  on one ear.

Thanks for any suggestions.
DREW