[mythtv-users] Moving mySQL DB

gibman gibman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 18:52:12 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I need to move the mythconverg database from one system to another.
In the past using mysql I'd do something like:

mysqldump mythconverg > mythconverg.txt

then mysql < mythconverg.txt on the other box?

I remember it was pretty easy, but is there anything machine dependent
in there?  Any backup cron jobs, or something of the like, any
gotchas?  (users and passwords are exactly the same on both boxes.)

A lot of questions, I apologize.  I'm almost there on a new box, and I
just need to get the DB moved.  I did search the archives, but didn't
notice anything on this topic specifically.  Yes, I have a lot of
recordings scheduled...

Thank you!
-=J