[mythtv-users] mythtivo module causes mythtv 0.16 cvs to segmentation fault

G Gagliano gagliano2 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 8 14:00:18 EST 2005

James, I was able to get to the next step. I was also having the problem w/ the segmentation fault (when I selected Tivo from the main myth menu).  I was able to get to the next step by editing the settings.pro and the mythtivo.pro files to indicate the proper directory that myth was installed in.  I have a binary installation of myth (.16, but I needed to downloaed the source so I could run the compile) so I changed the PREFIX in settings.pro to /usr and adjusted the target.path in mythtivo.pro to $${PREFIX}/lib.  I then did a make clean and make install, edited the mythtivo-settings.txt to include the address of my Tivo.

Now at least, the list of Tivos comes up in myth.  However, as soon as I select a tivo, mythfrontend hangs (but no more segmentation error).  Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong or how to track down what the problem is?  Thanks

GG
>Hmm... I'm having absolutely no problems with mythtivo right now, and
>I'm running it with mythtv CVS from yesterday on FC3 x86-64.

>Since the 2 commands you listed are able to execute successfully, check
>to ensure that when you rebuilt mythtivo you didn't overwrite your
>mythtivo-settings.txt file.  In fact, it's safest to put the customized
>copy in the myth frontend user's .mythtv/ directory.

	-I