[mythtv-users] cut list woes

Len Reed lreed at levanta.com
Sat Jan 8 02:18:49 EST 2005

Hi,

I don't see anything like this in any of the mailing lists.  Is anyone
else having issues with post-0.16 cut lists?

Ever since I upgraded to CVS (from 0.16), cut lists have been funny.
They worked perfectly for me in 0.16.  In November they were a mess
(playback didn't work at all).

Now, with CVS from the last week or so, I get the following:

1. Editing works almost perfectly.  The PgUp key only goes back one cut
point.  Hit it again and nothing happens.  I can jump back by 10 minute
increments, so this is only a minor annoyance.

2. Playback of recording with a cut list works fine now, skipping over
all deleted stuff.

3. Transcoding only elminates the first cut.  Consider a typical program
with leading junk, program, commercial, program, ..., commercial,
program, trailing junk.  mythtranscode elminates the leading junk but
not the commercials or trailing junk.  This is true whether I use the
transcoding selected from the myth menus or nuvexport's export to Divx
(mode 6): both run mythtranscode.  (Other nuvexport options run
transcode to read the .nuv file, resulting in bad A/V sync problems;
this is probably unrelated to the cut list issue, though.)  It doesn't
matter whether I'm using a new recording or a very old recording with an
old cut list.

System specifics:

Fedora core 3 with apt-get updates to install everything needed (distro
updates, codecs, etc.).  Then mythtv CVS downloaded and compiled January
2, 2005.

Two PVR-250 cards.

Thank you for any light you can shed on this.

Len