[mythtv-users] OT: Can IDE and SCSI mix?

Rob Greene robgreene at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 00:37:38 EST 2005

I've been browsing eBay for potential backend machines. Older
dual-processor machines are continuously put up for sale. Most of them
also have SCSI drives... but the motherboard also supports IDE.

While browsing HP documentation I came across a note that stated that
Linux only supports SATA or SCSI - not both at the same time. IIRC,
the note was regarding RH9, so it may be out of date. I'll be using
FC2 or FC3.

Is this an issue with Linux? Is this an issue with the older IDE and
SCSI machines?

In particular, I was seeing the HP X4000 and XW6000 machines up for
sale. I'd hate to actually win one and then find out I cannot re-use
the SCSI drives with my IDE drives!!  I figured someone on this list
would know...  (c:

Thanks!
-Rob