[mythtv-users] Front end hardware?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 15:13:15 EST 2005

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 21:54:25 +0200, Kalle Pokki <kalle.pokki at iki.fi> wrote:
> Andrew Ziobro wrote:
>
> > xbox.
>
> I have actually never seen a running xbox, as I'm not a big fan of
> console games. So I'm wondering how quiet the xbox really is. It does
> contain a hard drive and some cooling fans to my knowledge, but are they
> close to silent as nobody seems to ever mention anything about their noise?

i got an xBox for x-mas and have played with it a bit.  it's pretty
quiet.  i don't notice it when i'm sitting in the living room with no
other distractions.  and i definitely can't hear it over the tv.  when
you put a game or dvd in it you can hear it spin up but then it gets
quiet again.  so it's very minimal.

i plan on modifying the xBox to be a front end for Myth.  i will be
adding a 300GB Seagate HD and may add more cooling to it.  i do plan
on keeping it as quiet as possible.  i'll post my experience after
this weekend...