[mythtv-users] Automatic startup with tv-out - solved

Mark Gardner markgard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 14:01:29 EST 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:41:02 +0100, Sigurd Nes <sigurdne at online.no> wrote:
> sigurdne wrote:
> > The X-seesion won't start because /dev/fb1 is not present at the time it tries
> > to start.
> > I do all the modprobes from a start-script (usr/local/bin/start-ivtv)
> > initiated from '/etc/rc.d/rc.local'
> > I guess what I need to do is to make sure that the start-script is initiated
> > before the X-session is started. How can I accomplish this ?
> >
> > Sigurd
> >

> Sollution:
> 1) Configure gdm to autologin with user mythtv
> 2) Start gdm with /usr/bin/gdm at the end of the start-script

i'm having a similar problem to this one.... i think.
setup:
PVR 350 w/ TV out

Behavior:
ON Startup.....
Computer boots up normaly
rc.local runs but cannot complete stuff becuase /dev/fb1 is not there
X crashes.
gdm does not start
...basically autostart all is dead....

I can then recover it by
manualy run rc.local again
startx
login (auto login doesn't work now)
start mythfrontend (KDE autostart didnt' work either)