[mythtv-users] newto mythtv

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Fri Jan 7 13:45:19 EST 2005

On 07. Jan 2005, at 19:22 Uhr, Simon Williams wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 17:31:03 +0100, Marc Manthey <marc at let.de> wrote:
>> hello all,
>>
>> i am working on an mac osx/unix application and like to know, is
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/
>>
>> similar  to
>>
>> http://www.videolan.org/   on macintosh?
>>

> In a word.. no
>
> MythTv is a complete PVR suite of software incorporating a player,
> recorder and scheduling amongst other things..

hello simon/all,

thank you for your quick response, as far as i jumped into thehowto:

....media convergence box on your own using Open Source software and
operating systems......

is it possible to run
Mythtv with a separate card on my macinthos/unix machine?

regards

> Simon.

marcM
--
"Fernsehen ist Kaugummi für die Augen. "(Orson Welles)

          http://brain.let.de