[mythtv-users] Epia RPMs for FC3 ?

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Fri Jan 7 09:42:23 EST 2005

Paul Bender wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 11:50 +0000, Jules Gosnell wrote:
>

>>I acquired an M10000 over the Xmas period and have it set up as a
>>frontend. It's currently doing everything in s/w. I get the occasional
>>video glitch and high cpu usage and temperature - I'd like to use the
>>h/w mpeg support.
>>
>>Before I start the process of building from CVS I was wondering whether
>>anyone had a set of Epia Myth RPMs ? I've Googled to no avail...
>>
>>Thanks for your time,
>>

>If it is a frontend only, why not consider <http://linpvr.org> rather
>than FC3.

I did look at this when i was deciding what to put on the Epia box - but
decided that I couldn't face maintaining a new distro - I already have 4
other boxes all running FC3... - the web page also implies that mythdvd
is not yet included and this is important for me as i want to jettison
my dvd player...

looks nice though - maybe in a few months time :-)

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell
 * Partner