[mythtv-users] PVR350 and X Gives Black Screen

Joe Willis joewillis at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 7 06:37:11 EST 2005

I am trying to get MythTV running with a PVR350 card and FC3, using Jarod's
guide.  I am using TV-Out.  I have everything running (and it's great!)
except that I haven't set up to run X on the PVR350 TV-Out.  I saved the
original xorg.conf file and copied Jarod's xorg.conf file for the PVR350 as
xorg.conf.  After revising it to reflect my card's PCI bus ID and frame
buffer device name, I pressed ctrl-alt-backspace to restart X.

I got a black screen with no login.  Ctrl-alt-F2, etc., did not work and I
was forced to power down.  I restarted in single user mode, copied the
original xorg file back to xorg.conf, and rebooted.  Still a black
screen!  I thought I would be back to where I was before I tried  to run X
on the PVR350 TV-Out.  How can I get out of this?