[mythtv-users] Remote frontend question

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Thu Jan 6 23:50:36 EST 2005

I have a backend/frontend combo, and a new frontend.

Would it be possible to boot off a local drive, and then setup an NFS share
with the backend, then run the frontend off the share drive?  My goal is to
only have a single copy of the frontend compiled and residing on a single
drive, so that every time I upgrade to the next version, I only compile and
install it once.  If this works, it would allow me to install myth only
once
per upgrade, instead of compiling it every time for every machine.
Sound feasible?

The goal is really to have a very minimal maintenance procedure.  Installing
each new version of myth a single time on one machine is very appealing over
compiling it every time for every machine.

All the computers are AMD Socket A chips, so architechture isn't changing.

Thanks,
mark