[mythtv-users] re: Knoppmyth only for frontend?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Thu Jan 6 20:18:52 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 03:46:48PM -0800, CrAzY mAD wrote:
> I'm no expert in Myth, but if all you want to do it
> watch the Simpsons on your wife's windows computer,
> there's a simple solution.  Download mplayer, it plays
> NUV's,
> (http://ftp5.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/releases/win32-beta/
> ), and just watch the stream over your network.  You
> will have to share the dir where Myth stores all of
> the TV recordings.  Good luck!

Well, kinda.   Right now Myth uses numeric filenames so that's not
exactly a great interface.  Anybody had any good results with
the windows port of the mythfrontend on sourceforge?

I believe there was some talk of changing the backend to give
the files more human readable names.  That would be nice not just
for people mounting the nuv directories over samba/nfs, but for
general debugging and other stuff.