[mythtv-users] Gentoo and CVS

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 14:37:58 EST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:22:22 +0100, Jens Baumeister
<jens.baumeister at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering, however, how well Gentoo plays with CVS versions: If I
> decide later on to grab a CVS version of MyhTV, would I be able to go
> back to using one from the portage tree if I wanted to, or would that
> be as difficult as trying to mix installs from most of the binary
> package managers with manual compiles?

I've had no problems at all using Gentoo with cvs builds of mythtv. I
simply followed the gentoo instructions for installing a 2.6 series
gentoo install, then checked out mythtv from cvs and built it using
the instructions in the mythtv howto. Seemed to work without too many
issues that I can remember. Getting sound working was the most
difficult but I don't think that's related to gentoo or myth, just the
intricacies of getting spdif out from an sb live :-)

--
Neil Milne