[mythtv-users] Cutlist feature req: add new cutpoint instead of move

Carsten Deeg calle at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 6 05:46:21 EST 2005

Hello,

there has previously been a post with this subject:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2003-November/015978.html

But there is still the same problem for me. I want to delete a quite short
part of a movie. But I am not able to set the second cutpoint because it is
only possible to manipulate the first one. I think it should not be too
difficult to activate the normal options like "Delete before this frame"
additionally to the special options when you are close to an existing
cutpoint.

I am using mythtv 0.16 on debian testing.

Apart from this, sometimes I have some problems in editing recordings. I like
the concept of moving the cursor through the recording. But in some
recordings (not all, but I don't know what's the difference), the amounts of
movement (e.g. 1 second or 1 frame) is not working properly. If I want to
move 1 second ahead this sometimes means just some frames ahead or even back!
If I want to move the cursor back a second in this case, it jumps more than a
second back. The offsets of this behaviour are changing. And if the problem
arises, it becomes worse to the end of the recording.

This behaviour makes it very difficult to set appropriate cutpoints. And in
some cases the reencoding cuts at wrong frames, so that I can see one or two
frames of the commercials after reencoding. I suppose these two problems
(moving cutpoints and wrong frames during reencoding) are related to the same
issue?

Can anyone reproduce these issues? Any hints?

Thank you all, and keep up the great work on mythtv!

--
Carsten