[mythtv-users] xbox / htpc switch?

Brian Bartlow mythtv at roostervision.com
Wed Jan 5 23:07:45 EST 2005

Matt Picker wrote:

>Just got done doing a little searching.  I don't know
>what your price limit is but here are some options.
>They are pricy and just encourage thought.
>http://www.hallresearch.com/products/tv_conv/TVB-350.htm
>http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=536048&sku=A225-6006&SRCCODE=INKQUIGO&CMP=KNC-INKTOMI
>
>Are you sure your projector doesn't have a
>component-in?  Many new projectors do.  That would
>help a lot.

My projector does have component in, it just happens to be in the form
of a VGA connector.  But I have an adapter that will take three RCA and
send it to the vga component in.

I don't need to change the signal at all.  No conversion required.  I
just need to switch between two signals with a remote.

Does anyone know if a component signal is worse quality than a vga
signal?  Is a vga signal just a different form of a component signal?
(If so then what are all those extra pins for?)

Brian