[mythtv-users] Setting up MythTV in a wierd way ...

Bear Paw patadeloso at san.rr.com
Wed Jan 5 17:24:24 EST 2005

Greetings peoples ... I'm really new at MythTV but I've been tracking its progress for some time. My question has to do making a really weird setup.

System one: 4 tuner cards, records and encodes shows and transfers them to fileserver
System two: File server, this will hold the MythTV backend and dish out files to all the frontends.
System 3-N: MythTV frontends

What we really want is for SysOne to cache the files to its harddrives then transfer them to SysTwo.

Is this doable or should we just try to put it all on one system?

Thanks

Bear Paw