[mythtv-users] Running MythTV in a car computer

Chuck Rice chuck at wildrice.com
Wed Jan 5 14:06:40 EST 2005

I have just ordered an in-dash touch-screen monitor for my car:

    <http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-7VGA.htm>

and I am trying to decide wether to keep my current Mac Laptop with
iTunes for my car Stereo or switch to a Linux/MythTV solution. My
current trunk computer (an iBook Macintosh) has a about 12,000 songs
on it and I love the setup, but the dashboard input has been wanting.
I hope that the new touchscreen display will solve this issue, but
now that I use MythTV in the house, I thought that it might be nice
to use a common interface. Has anyone else done this and what are the
pitfalls that I might run into with MythTV running on a laptop
computer in the trunk? I have not been able to look at MythMusic yet
as it will not install on my FC 3 system. Is it as capable as iTunes?
-Chuck-