[mythtv-users] Black borders on screen

John Hannan jhannan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:27:52 EST 2005

Hi:

I've been experiencing problems with live-tv and recorded shows not
fully filling the screen.  Under Myth all of the GUI fully fills the
screen out. When I go to watch a show the picture is fully filled out
in the vertical direction but on the horizontal there is a lot of
empty black space at the left and right side of the screen. My TV is
4:3 display.

If I choose the 4:3zoom mode to watch video then i get a full screen
(of course then the gui is zoomed too).

i'm capturing video at 640x480.  i have my display resolution set to 800x600.

I'm using FC2 with Jarod's guide.

any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

thanks,
John