[mythtv-users] Audio Sync when exporting to DVD using Nuvexport

pc002a8775_2 at blueyonder.co.uk pc002a8775_2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 09:08:27 EST 2005

Sure

I've got an athlon XP 2000 with 512Mb of sdram on a jetway matx
motherboard, 2 jetway analogue capture cards (bttv card=78), a
soundblaster live, and onboard sound (via), and a generic geforce4 card
with tvout. One capture card is configured for council tv via the aerial.
Satellite is sky via svideo input to the second capture card

I record at 576x288 mpeg 4 bitrate 3000 other options are default, sound
encoding is mp3 quality 5. I record at 288 vertical as I get really bad
motion blur, and the various playback filters reduced it, but that res
gets rid of it completely. Quality is very acceptable, and is the same as
full vertical res with the filters on. It appears to me that myth is smart
enough to work out that halfing the resolution ('cause PALs 576 by
default) tells it to skip every other line, record as one field - exported
dvd, or divx video does not seems to be unduly affected.

I converted battlestar glactica from monday's episode to dvd using the
latest nuvexport and it worked fine - skipping and playing right through.
That was using xine playing  the dvd image from the hd. playing the .mpg
file was ok too. BTW that was playing from an nfs share across the
network.

I left the box this morning encoding 2 episodes of charmed (not for me!),
and I'll have a look at them tonight. I'll post whether they're ok or not.

Gary