[mythtv-users] Hard drive installed from KnoppMyth hangs with USB keyboard

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Jan 5 08:45:49 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:39:37PM -0800, Joe Barnhart wrote:

> --- stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
>

> > I've built a backend and 2 frontends from the R%
> > KnoppMyth CD.
> >
> > I've got a nice RF remote USB keyboard and mouse.
> > Booted from the CD these
> > work fine. However, now that I have the system
> > installed on the hard disk,
> > using this or any other USB keyboard/mouse causes
> > the ssytem to hand during
> > the boot process.
> >
> > How can I fix this?
> >

> This is a well documented problem with KnoppMyth.  The
> conventional fix is to get a non-USB keyboard, such as
> the excellent LiteOn keyboard you can find at NewEgg.
> I did after I encountered the same problem with
> probably the exact same RF wireless keyboard/mouse.
> See this post on the KnoppMyth forum for the link to
> the NewEgg keyboard.  As a side benefit, you can use
> the IR receiver with a programmable remote to control
> the box without LIRC hassles.
>
> http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3167&highlight=newegg+keyboard

Thnaks.

I'd rather not spend more money on this system right now if I could help
it.

Can you point me to any discussions of the nature of this problem?

Is there a know workaround?

It just seems strange that it willwork when booted from the CD, and not
once it's installed to teh hard disk. What's  the issue here? I suspect if
I understood what exactly was going on, I might be able to develop a
workaround.

Thaks for the help here!
neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin