[mythtv-users] MythCVS and Unichrome on EPIA M10K

BARKER, Paul paul.barker at orange.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 06:58:32 EST 2005

Hello (and a Happy New Year to All)

Over the holiday I got hold of an EPIA M10000 board with the intention of
replacing my large frontend (which had originally been the master backend
too) with a smaller box. My master backend now lives on server in my office
connected to the frontend via 100BaseT Ethernet.
I have installed FC2 and following the advice both from the main Unichrome
sourceforge page and Terry Barnaby's site
(http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/) I have rebuilt the X server to
include the via driver plus the drm module and libviaXvMC. (I used Terry's
patch for the TV driver)
So far so so good. I start up X and see "(II) VIA(0): [XvMC] Initialized XvMC
extension." in the logfile. I configured the TV out and the quality looks
great and I can run an atrpms installed myth fine. I built xine with xxmc
support fine and played a DVD and again the quality is great with little CPU
usage.
So I decided to grab myth CVS and try to enable the Unichrome support. I
uncommented the lines in setting.pro, did a qmake mythtv.pro, ./configure and
make. The make fails durring the link stage complaining that libviaXvMC
cannot be found. I checked ld.so.conf and /usr/X11R6/lib is present and if I
do ldconfig -v I see libviaXvMC.so.1 (forgive me if that's slightly wrong as
I'm at work and going from memory). I also have the XvMCConfig file in
/etc/X11/ pointing to libviaXvMC.so.1.
If I run ld -lviaXvMC from the shell as a test I again see the error about
the missing library.
I tried this with Terry's RPMs first and then rebuild everything from source
and have exactly the same problem either way.
I know I've missed something very silly and obvious but if anyone could offer
any help I'd be most gratefull.
Many thanks
Paul

Important.
Confidentiality: This communication is intended for the above-named
person and may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
Any opinions expressed in this communication are not necessarily
those of the company. If it has come to you in error you must
take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone;
please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.

Monitoring/Viruses.
Orange may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with
current legislation.  Although we have taken steps to ensure that
this email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that
in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure
they are actually virus free.

Orange PCS Limited is a subsidiary of Orange SA and is registered
in England No 2178917, with its address at St James Court,
Great Park Road, Almondsbury Park, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4QJ.