[mythtv-users] Mythtv (cvs and 0.16) blanks screen exiting from program guide while watching live TV on PVR-350

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 23:50:59 EST 2005

Whew, bit of a long subject, anyway I've got a little niggle that I'm
wondering if there is a cure for.

When watching live tv, when I go to the menu then view the program guide
it works perfectly.
If I exit the screen blanks (although audio keeps playing), pressing
menu brings back the screen with the menu again,
another press and it vanishes.
If I press menu again the screen blanks (and sound stops) then a sec
later all returns along with the
channel information and the little 'whats on' info box.

I've tried it on 0.16 on Fedora Core 3, 0.16 on Suse 9.1 and cvs on suse
9.1, all versions exhibit the same behaviour.

All running/run on a 2.6Athlon/512Mb/120Gb with a PVR-350 with the tv
out going through the pvr-350

Is there some option I've not checked/changed that would fix this or is
it a minor bug[1] that I'll just have to live with
until it gets fixed?

Thanks

Druid

[1] It is not really that much of a problem, I just need to press
exit,menu,menu rather than just exit ;-)