[mythtv-users] Has anyone configured a "semi"-diskless frontend?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Tue Jan 4 23:26:16 EST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> I'm not really interested in a complete diskless system, and the various
> HOWTO's that I've seen pretty much revolve around netbooting / PXE.

Why not? You can get cheap Intel or 3com NIC's with bootrom's for $10 or
so, and do a PXE boot. That way, no disk in the frontend at all - nothing
to die.  :)

If you really don't want to go that route, you can always use one of the
netboot floppy creators, and just copy that floppy image to an image on
the hard drive, and use grub to boot that..