[mythtv-users] More ATSC woes - Doug README - some stations nownotbeingreceived at all

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Jan 4 21:25:54 EST 2005

john roberts wrote:
> Here is a 50M capture of some ATSC content from a MD FOX station.
>
> They map their sub-chan's like:
>
>         FOX45_H:      :45.1 :46: 3:0
>         FOX45  :      :45.2 :46: 4:0
>
> The getatsc file can be pulled from:
>
> ftp://66.160.21.146/pub/tmp/FOX45.atsc.gz
>
> Let me know if you need more.

This stream looks perfectly normal to me.  It has some transport packet
errors at the beginning, but not a big deal.  You should have 'xx-1' and
'xx-2' in your freqid entries for the two subchannels.  Run 'mythbackend
--verbose recording,channel', try to tune to one of these subchannels,
and post the output here.

-Doug